Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Sinful Sweater

When I was pregnant, I came across this cute cardigan on Knitty, and I knew I had to make it for my little one.

Knowing how quickly babies grow out of clothes when they're newborn, I decided to make it the 6-12 month size.
Trouble is, sizing is tricky. Little B just turned seven months old and fits perfectly into a lot of 12 month clothes.

So, imagine my dismay when I tried it on her * just to see how it looked * to find that the sleeves were ALREADY too short. Her first time of wearing it, and it's too small. I mean, just look at this:

That's some serious wrist pudge peeking out. Bronwyn is definitely blessed with some long limbs.

I didn't stay frustrated for too long though. And this is why: she really wanted to hold this apple when I tried it on her.
Making references to biblical stories at such a young age already... Little B has a lot to teach us.

For you knitters out there, the pattern is here. Unfortunately, I lost the label so I can't tell you what yarn I used. For the locals, it was an organic cotton from Knitterly in Petaluma.


Renata said...

Short sleeves is the new black...don't you know Jennifer?

HLM said...

Why must we call them short sleeves? Why not 3-quarter sleeves? Sooo cute, dearest.

ambrella said...

o my dear i am loving the apple with the snake sweater. just loving it.